Effective: January 1, 2019
GLYDE Mobility AB Data protection officer: Zohaer Khan Blommensbergsvägen 156 126 55 Hägersten
2. Purpose and use of personal information
2.2 GLYDE is processing Your personal data for the following purposes:
- a) enter into or perform a contract with you in accordance with the GLYDE User Agreement or in accordance with any other contractual obligation between GLYDE and You as a User of the Services
- b) perform statistical analyses and analyse data in order to develop the Services regarding functionality, security and methods, as well as analyse markets and customers. Lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in being able to develop our services and increase our understanding of the market and customers.
- c) Provide You with information regarding our Services. For example, GLYDE will, segment and analyse position data in order to provide custom information based on your specific preferences and behaviour patterns. Our lawful basis for this processing is that this processing is contractual necessity, i.e. in order for us to provide You the Services. If You don’t comply with GLYDE processing your personal data in accordance with clause 2.2, you must notify GLYDE in accordance with article 3 below. Such notice may be sent to email@example.com, or to GLYDE Mobility AB, Blommensbergsvägen 156, 126 55 Hägersten. Please take note that GLYDE is unable to exclude the processing of personal data as stated above, as GLYDE cannot provide the Services unless you agree to this processing. If you revoke any consent, it does not affect the legality of any treatment that has occurred before the consent is revoked.
2.3 For the purposes described in section 2.2 above to provide a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (information that can be uniquely identified with you), such as:
- i) Certain information required to register with the Website, App or to access other services provided by us, including your name, address, date of birth, location data and if you are a Driver certain information about your vehicle etc.;
- ii) Your e-mail address and a password;
- iii) A mobile phone number;
- iv) A record of any correspondence between you and us;
- v) A record of any bookings you have made or trips you have placed with or through our Service’s;
- vi) Your replies to any surveys or questionnaires that we may use for research purposes;
- vii) Details of accounting or financial transactions including transactions carried out through our Services or otherwise. This may include information such as your credit card, debit card or bank account details, details of Trips (as described in GLYDE User Agreement) you have booked or offered through our Services;
- viii) Details of your visits while using our Services and the resources that you access;
- ix) Information we may require from you when you report a problem with the use of our Services.
- x) GLYDE will not resell your information to any third party nor use it for any third-party marketing
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
The lawful basis for this processing is contractual necessity. GLYDE does not process any special category data as defined by GDPR.
2.4 GLYDE will provide personal information to external parties that provide services to GLYDE, such as IT service providers. We also provide information to authorities if we are required to do so by law or authority decision. If GLYDE transfers your personal data outside the EU / EEA, this will only happen after adequate protection measures have been taken, for example by entering data processing and transfer agreements with the recipient of the data.
If GLYDE charge You any fees or collect any money from You in relation to any used Services, credit or debit card payments will be collected by our payment processor. In order for payments to be processed You may need to provide some necessary details to our payment processor. GLYDE will inform you about this at the point we collect that information. GLYDE do not disclose any information you provide via the Service to any third parties except:
- a) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- b) In order to enforce any terms and condition or agreement of use that apply to any of the Service’s, that may apply;
- c) We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganization, but we will take consent prior to such transfer;
- d) To protect the rights, property, or safety of GLYDE, the Service users, or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
2.5 GLYDE may also process Your personal data in order to:
- a) comply with laws and regulations or by court order;
- b) apply the GLYDE User Agreement; or
- c) ensure capability to protect GLYDE’s or any third parties’ rights, such as in a court case.
3. Rights and contact
3.1 The company is the data controller and is responsible for processing Your personal data in accordance with applicable law. Your data is saved only as long as there is a need to preserve it to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected. In the event that Your account needed for using the Services is terminated, GLYDE will delete all Your personal data that we have saved, with exception for data that need to be saved by GLYDE due to legal requirements or to safeguard the company’s legal interests.
3.2 GLYDE strive to keep the collections of personal information accurate and up to date. You are free to request access, update, modification and deletion of your personal information and limit our processing of Your personal information. You also have the right to object to our data processing and the right to data portability. Some changes can be made directly to through the GLYDE App. You may also contact the GLYDE at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to GLYDE Mobility AB, Blommensbergsvägen 156, 126 55 Hägersten, if you wish to exercise any of your rights as above. In case of repetitive or unreasonable inquiries, GLYDE is entitled to charge a fee. GLYDE will normally answer your request within 20 working days.
3.3 If you find that Your personal information is incorrect or not treated in accordance with applicable law or regulation, we encourage you to contact the GLYDE at email@example.com, or to GLYDE Mobility AB, Blommensbergsvägen 156, 126 55 Hägersten. GLYDE will immediately correct, block or remove inaccurate personal data and personal data not processed in accordance with applicable law.
The Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen) is the supervisory authority for personal data processing. If you believe that we have processed your personal information incorrectly, please contact and report your complaint to:
104 20 Stockholm
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We may update these actions as new technology becomes available.
5. Children’s Privacy
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
6. Other websites, Cookies of third-party providers and tracking
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service. The GLYDE App and the Website may contain links to and from other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites or for the processing of Your personal on those sites.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information (review, update, deletion), you can do so by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.